About Me

My photo
Since 2005, and over 800 entries, the orginal purpose of this BLOG has never changed. I consider it to be a personal letter from me to my extended family of fans, supporters, and friends. I ALWAYS encourage your emails, comments, suggestions, and questions. Be Blessed! ~Percy

Thursday, August 25, 2005

WAKE UP CALL - I APOLOGIZE

I received the following email from one of my supporters this morning. It certainly was a wake up call. I will let you read it, then we'll make some more comments below.


Dear Bill (or Percy...whichever is the most appropriate),

I am writing you this morning, to voice an opinion on your blogs, or what have become of your blogs. Before I begin, please in absolutely no way take what my comment will say as being derogatory, it is not meant to be taken that. Everyday when I get to work, the first web-site I click on is your blog. I enjoy reading about your life and the going ons... yours is the only one I do read.


I have been a fan of Percy Pringle since the days of when WCCW was shown at 4:00PM on ESPN. I unfortunately these days (probably started back around 2000) do not watch wrestling, to me nowadays wrestling is a male soap opera, in the fact of how heavily story oriented the WWE has become, and of how ludicrous some of the these story lines are as well. If you ask me, the best wrestling clearly is that of Mid-South, Florida, WCCW, NWA from around 1975-1985. I could sit down a watch that "kind" of wrestling show for hours on end, whereas I can barely watch the WWE product today. But this e-mail was not supposed to be one that bashed the WWE product, so sorry for going off on a tangent.

Hopefully, you are still reading this, since the real reason why I am e-mailing you is to let you know that I miss the way your blogs used to be. I have been reading your blogs for probably the last 8-10 months, and when I first started reading them, you would talk about your family, about your life, about personal (not necessarily business) items. Unfortunately, these days your blog has become at times nothing more than a walking advertisement.


I understand why you are doing this, and I even understand this is all part of your life which is what the blog should be about, but I guess I'm also saying that the blogs about your personal life (outside of say your next appearance or what have you) is in my opinion what attracted me (and I'm sure I'm not alone in this opinion) to your blog and what kept bringing me back. Now I will probably always start my day with reading your daily blog, and I am happy for you that you are now able to partake in the independent wrestling scene, you seem to be very happy and well that's what life is all about, but I also would like to read more stories of Bill Moody and his family, so please don't totally disband that part of your blogs.

Well, I have taken up enough of your time. I wish you and your family, both Bill Moody's and Percy Pringle's, all the continued success and happiness that you are experiencing. Can't wait to see you (in the figurative, not literal, of course) at the show you will be at in Methuen as that is only about 20 minutes from my home in MA.

Take care.


This email was certainly a wake-up call for me. I can't wait to meet the writer of this message in Methuen, MA ( a suburb of Boston) when I am there on September 9th. Yes, this hit home for me. I totally agree with everything the author was trying to say. I have allowed my heavy involvement with indy wrestling to take over my life. I am spending too much damn time back on this computer keyboard again too.

I apologize to my faithful readers and supporters for this. I didn't intend for my BLOG to become a "walking advertisement." However, I am certain that those that visit my website often understand that my life has changed since I was released as a regular WWE talent on July 10th. I have to keep my name out there, to get work for myself, thus paying The Moody Family's bills.

I promise I will do my best from this point on to try to find a fine line between the personal stories that many of you enjoy, and the "walking advertisements." I receive a bunch of email everyday, and I am proud to say that I read them all, and reply personally. From my heart of hearts, I want you all to know that if it wasn't for you, I wouldn't have enjoyed 30+ years in pro wrestling.

I appreciate you all!
God Bless.
~Percy
www.PercyPringle.com