About Me

My photo
Since 2005, and over 800 entries, the orginal purpose of this BLOG has never changed. I consider it to be a personal letter from me to my extended family of fans, supporters, and friends. I ALWAYS encourage your emails, comments, suggestions, and questions. Be Blessed! ~Percy

Monday, August 29, 2005

It's Time... Katrina Time!

I must make this short for obvious reasons. I woke up about 45-minutes ago (5:00 am), fortunately I was able to get 5-hours of much needed sleep. The sun is set to rise in about 15-20 minutes, but we won't get to see too much of it today. As I type, it is really beginning to get nasty outside as Katrina is making landfall in Southern Louisiana, about 120-miles west of us.

It is now a category-4 storm, with 160-mph winds. Our power is blinking on and off, and I don't think we will be having that pleasure for very much longer. With all of our windows covered with plywood, you can hear the winds blowing outside, and believe me I've been though this many times in my life, but there's always a sick feeling in the pit of your stomach. We are under tornado warnings, the rain is pouring down, and it looks like this will go on until very late tonight.

We're safe for now. Thanks for the prayers, but please don't stop now... there's a bunch of folks out there that will need them as the day progresses. There are links to two local television stations on yesterday's BLOG entry, that are having streaming coverage of the storm from our area 24/7. You can check them out if you care to do so. Take care my friends.

God BlessOur Gulf Coast!
~Percy
www.PercyPringle.com