About Me

My photo
Since 2005, and over 800 entries, the orginal purpose of this BLOG has never changed. I consider it to be a personal letter from me to my extended family of fans, supporters, and friends. I ALWAYS encourage your emails, comments, suggestions, and questions. Be Blessed! ~Percy

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Road Report... Day 4 Of A 5 Day Trip

A good Tuesday morning to you all, my friends! It's day number 4, in a 5 day road trip for me. It has certainly been rewarding personally, professionally, and financially. I would write more, but I've already explained my battle with this laptop and my slow dialup internet connection here in my hotel room.

My RING OF HONOR "Shoot Interview" with Jim Cornette yesterday was everything I expected it to be, and more. I am confident that you will all enjoy the finished product. I know that JC and I had blast talking about our views and history of the business that we both love so much. Some subjects surfaced that I had no idea we would ever include. There will certainly be some surprises that may shock some viewers.

This afternoon, I will tape PART - II of my personal story, which will be my years with The WWF/WWE. Speaking of WORLD WRESTLING ENTERTAINMENT, I must say that I watched most of the company's return to The USA NETWORK last night. Of course, there were some downsides to the product, but basically I enjoyed it. I'm not out to critique any of it, as there's enough critics on the Internet already.


I would like to take a minute or two to speak about the LEGENDS OF THE RING III convention that I attended on Saturday. It's hard to describe my feelings sitting with the likes of J.J. Dillon, Slick, Ray "Doink"Apollo, Boris Zhukoff, Brian "Atom Bomb - Kronik"Clark, Tugboat - Typhoon, Kevin Sullivan, Luna Vachon, Nikolai Volkoff, Hacksaw Jim Duggan, Buff Bagwell, The Steiner Brothers, and several others whose names escape me right now. The feeling of "brotherhood" that is largely missing in today's dressing rooms came back again for those few hours.

It was exciting to visit with all of my old friends, especially managing Luna in 4 matches over the weekend. I've known Luna since she first started in the business, and she has certainly made her permanent mark on women's wrestling. I think the world of her and her husband, David "Gangrel" Heath. Notwithstanding the fact that the fans in attendance, were extremely respectful and fun to be around. I thank all of you, as it's people like you that make me proud that I do what I do.

I would like to say a few things about my longtime fellow manager,
J.J. Dillon . I've known J.J. for many years. I last saw him at our Annual Gulf Coast Wrestler's Reunion in my hometown of Mobile, AL. Most of my relationship with him as been on an office/talent basis, mainly because of our positions within The WWF/WWE. I managed to get a copy of his new book "WRESTLERS ARE LIKE SEGULLS - From McMahon To McMahon." I must say it's been hard to put it down. I have learned so much about him that I didn't know. One of the most surprising things, is that he started in the profession just like Jim Cornette and I did. From the way he carries himself and conducts business, I never had any idea about his roots. In fact, Cornette and I spoke about him in our "shoot interview."

J.J. personally signed my copy of his autobiography, and I am proud to share that inscription with you as I close my BLOG entry for today.


October 1, 2005
To my old friend Bill Moody:
It didn't matter whether you were "Percy Pringle" or "Paul Bearer." You always did it with class. You have always been, and still continue to this day, to be a credit to our business. It was my great pleasure to have worked with you. May you always be blessed with good health.
J.J. Dillon
The Leader Of "The Four Horsemen"Forever!

This is what it's all about. When you gain the respect of your peers, it makes all the hard work through the years so worthwhile.

God Bless.
~Percy
www.PercyPringle.com