About Me

My photo
Since 2005, and over 800 entries, the orginal purpose of this BLOG has never changed. I consider it to be a personal letter from me to my extended family of fans, supporters, and friends. I ALWAYS encourage your emails, comments, suggestions, and questions. Be Blessed! ~Percy

Thursday, October 13, 2005

Good 'Ol Jim Ross...

Jim Ross is the finest wrestling announcer in the industry, next to the late Gordon Solie.

Damn... I really hate to toss my hat out of the ring here, and get involved in the Internet reaction to the J.R. angle. But the numerous emails that I have received, and the unbelieveable buzz coming from the handfull of news sites and message boards that I visit, has compelled me to put my foot in my big mouth again. It's going to be a no-win situation for me anyway, no matter what I say. As usual, if it's good things, I'm kissing ass; and if it's bad, I'm a washed up, bitter, has-been. Whatever... whatever, it's not my first bar-b-que. So here it goes.


I think the world of Jim Ross. I've known him since my Texas days, and hold him in the highest regard as a individual, and professional. I consider him to be a friend who has been a very important part of my life. I don't have the complete details, but I understand that Jim is undergoing surgery this week. That is why I am hesitating to make the following comments. You just need to understand that this is not about J.R. It's about the many viewers out there that actually believed in an amazing, made for television, storyline again. If only for a couple of days, some suspended their disbelief about our business. I thought they were all dead. There may be hope for our business yet.

I feel it's better to say less, than too much here. I must say that I have not had a conversation with anybody within the company about this matter. But for the life of me... to say that I am shocked, is an understatement. Much of the wrestling Internet spends countless hours and words picking apart wrestling programming. Many of the self-proclaimed "smart know-it-alls" actually believed it! I LOVE IT! Some within the industry believed it too! Are we coming full circle, and returning to a time when we believed - just a little? Gosh... I hope so. Just the slight possibility excites me, and if you love what we do, it should excite you all too.

Let's keep 'ol J.R. in our prayers as he faces another medical problem.

Tomorrow is Friday!
God Bless.
~Percy
www.PercyPringle.com