About Me

My photo
Since 2005, and over 800 entries, the orginal purpose of this BLOG has never changed. I consider it to be a personal letter from me to my extended family of fans, supporters, and friends. I ALWAYS encourage your emails, comments, suggestions, and questions. Be Blessed! ~Percy

Monday, September 26, 2005

Happy Birthday Dad... New York - New York...




Today is my Dad's 69th Birthday. I know my Mom reads my BLOG everyday, because she says I won't tell her anything, and that she has to come here to find out what I'm up to. Well Mother, tell Dad we will see him this afternoon!

Me and my all time managerial hero, Bobby "The Brain" Heenan, in New York this past weekend.

This past weekend I got a chance to tell Bobby Heenan my feelings for him that I have been expressing to you folks for a very long time. It was my pleasure to spend the day with him and other ring superstars at WRESTLEFEST '05 on Saturday in Long Island, NY. I would like to thank Ken, Steve, and their entire staff for a job well done. I had a great time, and I know that everyone else did too. It was just so good seeing so many friends that I haven't seen for a very long while. Names such as Bobby Eaton and Dennis Condrey, The Dudley Boys (Bubba, Dvon, and Spike), Missy Hyatt, Jerry Lawler, Magnum T.A., Nikita Koloff, Terry Funk, Johnny Valiant, Test, Billy Gunn, Road Dogg Brian Armstrong, gosh... I hate to miss anyone, but I know I am. Anyway, I think you all get the picture. It was a good thing all around.

Later that evening I got an opportunity to go to USA PRO WRESTLING's UXW event. It was refreshing to sit back as a fan and watch the outstanding show. I also got to visit with some other old friends that were not at the convention that I have missed. Such as Kevin Kelly, Steve Corino, "Balls" Mahoney, Elix Skipper, just to name a few. Frank Goodman and his USA PRO crew work their butts off to give the fans in the area their dollar's worth for sure.

Then yesterday morning, I had breakfast with Terry Funk and rode to LaGuardia Airport with him to catch our respective flights home. The terms such as legend and icon are tossed about far too frquently these days. But when you talk "Terry Funk" you are talking wrestling. FUNK = WRESTLING.

The trip home left me sitting in Charlotte for 7-hours, but... be that as it may, it was a fine trip. We're going to head out again on Friday, and I will be on the road for 5-days.

I hope you all have a pleasant Monday!
God Bless.
~Percy
www.PercyPringle.com