About Me

My photo
Since 2005, and over 800 entries, the orginal purpose of this BLOG has never changed. I consider it to be a personal letter from me to my extended family of fans, supporters, and friends. I ALWAYS encourage your emails, comments, suggestions, and questions. Be Blessed! ~Percy

Sunday, January 01, 2006

Black Eye Peas, Cornbread, in a Cotton Bowl

A Gulf Coast New Year's Tradition - Black Eye Peas and Cornbread. OOOOhhhh.....yessss! Not forgetting onions, and a big glass of sweet iced tea!
Good Afternoon, my friends! The first day of 2006 is warm and wet around my hometown. I feel like I have gained all of my weight back as I just collapsed in my office chair in front of my computer keyboard. If the old southern tradition is true, that eating black eye peas on New Year's Day brings good luck... well... it's gonna be a damn good year! 'Cause... I just ate a bunch of 'um!

I'm just stopping by to say howdy, and send my wishes for a fantastic New Year to you all!

Don't forget, ALABAMA plays Texas Tech in The Cotton Bowl tomorrow morning at 10:00 am (central) on The Fox Network. I'll be in front of the tube for sure!







~Percy
www.PercyPringle.com