About Me

My photo
Since 2005, and over 800 entries, the orginal purpose of this BLOG has never changed. I consider it to be a personal letter from me to my extended family of fans, supporters, and friends. I ALWAYS encourage your emails, comments, suggestions, and questions. Be Blessed! ~Percy

Friday, July 08, 2005

A Tense Day Along The Gulf Coast



I haved lived in The Gulf Coast area almost my entire life, notwithstanding a few comings and goings due to the wrestling industry. I have never seen the pre-storm activity that is happening all around us this early in the game. Most residents wait until the last minute to prepare for our annual tropical visits. However, folks have been busy for the past few days in anticipation of what Dennis may bring to us on Sunday.

As the latest update shows above, Dennis is packing 150 mph winds as it streaks across Cuba. Only The Dear Lord knows what landfall along our coastline may hold in store. I'm satisfied that I have completely prepared my household for the inevitable. With the exception of boarding the windows, we are ready to rumble. My boards are already cut, as I used the same lumber for last year's Hurricane Ivan. All I have to do is put them up, and we will probably do that tomorrow.

The independent events that I mentioned in yesterday's BLOG are still scheduled to go on tonight and tomorrow. We will have to see what Sunday is like to determine if The Ground Zero Event in Houma, Louisiana is still set. If you live in the area, and plan on attending Sunday's Houma event, I suggest you contact the building Sunday afternoon. I will make a post here if at all possible.

I appreciate all of the kind emails and prayers from you folks. You are indeed the best.

Happy Friday To You All!
~Percy
www.PercyPringle.com