About Me

My photo
Since 2005, and over 800 entries, the orginal purpose of this BLOG has never changed. I consider it to be a personal letter from me to my extended family of fans, supporters, and friends. I ALWAYS encourage your emails, comments, suggestions, and questions. Be Blessed! ~Percy

Thursday, July 14, 2005

Our "Baby's" Birthday and other ramblings...


Our three Dachshunds at yesterday's 1-year birthday festivities. Oscar is the red one on the left, he is a little over two years old, and the the father. Conecuh is the black and tan in the middle, she is the mother and is almost two. The birthday girl is Vienna, she is the red one on the right.

You dog lovers out there know exactly where I am coming from when I speak about our canine babies. They become family members. Yesterday was one year to the date that our female Conecuh whelped 4 female pups. To top it off, I delivered them myself! The first born was red like Oscar the father, and that's the one we decided to keep, the other three were black/tan like the mother. Of course in keeping with the Moody sausage tradition, we named her Vienna (Vienna sausage... get it?). Oscar is named for "Oscar Meyer Weiners," and Conecuh is also a sausage mainly sold here in L.A. (lower Alabama). When you mess with my "babies" you are walking on the fighting side of me.

I just returned from another dental appointment. Boy... I will be glad when this is over. Today I had two teeth pulled. However, this time I opted to give the gas a try. In all the dental work I have had in my life I have never used the gas. Ohhhhhh......yyyyyyeeeeeeesssssss! I tried to get a bottle to go, but... it didn't work.

I spent most of yesterday working at my Aunt's house. I painted one of her bedrooms for her. I was rushing so I could see the space shuttle blast off, but I'm sure you know the mission was delayed.

I am scheduled to be interviewed on The Tap Out Show, Sunday evening at 10:00 pm (Central). This will be my first interview since becoming a "Freebird" again. You can check it out at:
www.TapOutShow.com

A few words of wisdom to leave you with today:
I've learned....
That life is like a roll of toilet paper. The closer it gets to the end, the faster it goes.
That we should be glad God doesn't give us everything we ask for.
That money doesn't buy class.
That it's those small daily happenings that make life so spectacular.
That under everyone's hard shell is someone who wants to be appreciated and loved.
That the Lord didn't do it all in one day. What makes me think I can?
That to ignore the facts does not change the facts.
That the less time I have to work,the more things I get done.


Tomorrow's Friday!
Take care!
~Percy
www.PercyPringle.com