About Me

My photo
Since 2005, and over 800 entries, the orginal purpose of this BLOG has never changed. I consider it to be a personal letter from me to my extended family of fans, supporters, and friends. I ALWAYS encourage your emails, comments, suggestions, and questions. Be Blessed! ~Percy

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

RIP "Earthquake" John Tenta

John Tenta known in the pro wrestling world as "Earthquake" passed away today after a valiant battle with cancer. John was a fantastic husband, father, and friend. John and I communicated several times during the past few months. He was very much aware of his prognosis, and was rightfully concerned with getting his final arrangements in order. Considering my experience in the funeral industry, and as his friend, I did my best to answer his questions to the best of my ability.

In our last email he wrote, "Percy... gosh it still doesn't feel right calling you Percy because I've only known you as Paul Bearer. I will never regret being a part of professional wrestling. I've met some great friends, which you are one. I'm not even scared of leaving this world. I just worry for my family. Keep them in your prayers."

That I will, John. Go rest high on that mountain, your work on earth is done.
Rest In Peace, my friend.
~Percy
www.PercyPringle.com