About Me

My photo
Since 2005, and over 800 entries, the orginal purpose of this BLOG has never changed. I consider it to be a personal letter from me to my extended family of fans, supporters, and friends. I ALWAYS encourage your emails, comments, suggestions, and questions. Be Blessed! ~Percy

Sunday, May 01, 2005

Sunday Morning Coming Down...

What a nasty day we had yesterday along The Gulf Coast. Depending upon what area of the county you lived in, between 4 and 7 inches of rain drowned Sweet Home Alabama. Needless to say, I didn't get my walk in; and I decided to pass up my treadmill because it seems to bother my old knees more than walking at our local park's fitness track. Dianna was a bit under the weather too, so I spent a major part of the day sitting in my chair with my three dachshunds in my lap, finishing Terry Funk's new book. Terry's book is an excellent read, and I highly recommend it. I also had several interesting telephone conversations with a few friends, that I haven't spoken to in a while.

So... with a one day bout of cabin fever under my belt, I was up at the crack of dawn and headed out for my walk. I am up to 3-miles every morning now, by the way. Just think, a year and a half ago I couldn't walk down the driveway to get the mail or my newspaper. The Lord works in mysterious ways, and yes prayer does work. Many folks think that if they dont't get immediate results, that their prayers were not answered. Think about it, maybe they were answered, and the response was "no."

I'll reiterate what I have said here many times before. My website and BLOG are here exclusively for those of you that have supported me through the years. I consider my BLOG to be my personal letter to my fans and friends. For your critics out there, you are reading someone else's mail.

I have been a creature of habit virtually all of my life. When I find something that works, it's hard for me to change. Take for example something as simple as my morning walks. When I go to the fitness track, I always walk in the same direction. One lap around the track is equal to one mile, and I have never even thought about turning and going in the opposite direction. Well... this morning I did.

You see, I've been walking around this track for a couple of months now. Today, I saw an entirely new view. Scenery that I have never seen before. I guess it's good to change directions now and then. How apropos this line of thinking is for me at this particular time in my life. My tenure with World Wrestling Entertainment ends on July 10th. It's been a succesful 13+ year realtionship for me, to say the least. I turned 51-years old a few weeks ago, and it is time for a new direction in my life. Country music star Kenny Chesney sings, "I've Been There. That's Why I'm Here." That pretty much sums it it for me. I am here, because I've been there.

I appreciate the countless emails from those wanting to book me for personal appearances, etc. However, I am not making any commitments at this time. I have laid my life at the foot of the cross. I am confident that The Lord will lead me in the right direction. The next couple of months will be very interesting for me. Thanks again for all of the kind words and prayers.

You folks are indeed the best!
~Percy
www.PercyPringle.com