About Me

My photo
Since 2005, and over 800 entries, the orginal purpose of this BLOG has never changed. I consider it to be a personal letter from me to my extended family of fans, supporters, and friends. I ALWAYS encourage your emails, comments, suggestions, and questions. Be Blessed! ~Percy

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Davey Boy Died In 2002 - My ACM Predictions


My friend and "brother" Davey Boy Smith died on this day in 2002.

Once again The Academy Of Country Music put on a fine show last evening. Out of the 11 categories, 5 of my predictions were correct. If you missed it, here's the results:

VIDEO OF THE YEAR
Whiskey Lullaby

SINGLE OF THE YEAR
Tim McGraw

ALBUM OF THE YEAR
Keith Urban

SONG OF THE YEAR
Tim McGraw

VOCAL EVENT OF THE YEAR
Whiskey Lullaby

NEW ARTIST OF THE YEAR
Gretchen Wilson

VOCAL GROUP OF THE YEAR
Rascal Flatts

VOCAL DUO OF THE YEAR
Brooks and Dunn

FEMALE ARTIST OF THE YEAR
Gretchen Wilson

MALE ARTIST OF THE YEAR
Keith Urban

ENTERTAINER OF THE YEAR
Kenny Chesney

The biggest surprise for me was Gretchen Wilson taking both New Artist and Female Artist of the year. In my humble opinion, she certainly deserved New Artist as she was my pick; however Female Artist Of The Year may be a bit too much too soon.

I don't know about Keith Urban either, maybe I haven't paid much attention to his work. I was surprised, but obviously somebody likes him. I must be too old school, but mine is not to reason why. I must go out and pick up his album, and give him a fair shake.

The ACM did the right thing with Kenny Chesney, as I picked him as my favorite for Entertainer Of The Year in my BLOG back on April 29th after seeing him in concert. It was also great seeing Garth Brooks again, I think it's come back time.

Not only do I remember Davey Boy today. On this day in 2002, Dianna received her first radiation treatment during her battle with breast cancer. Also on this day in 1899, my maternal Grandmother was born.

I was able to speak to both Hebner brothers on the telephone yesterday, and give them my birthday sentiments that I expressed in yesterday's BLOG. I can't say too much about what a class act these guys are.

Have a fine Wednesday!
~Percy
www.PercyPringle.com