About Me

My photo
Since 2005, and over 800 entries, the orginal purpose of this BLOG has never changed. I consider it to be a personal letter from me to my extended family of fans, supporters, and friends. I ALWAYS encourage your emails, comments, suggestions, and questions. Be Blessed! ~Percy

Thursday, January 27, 2005

THE SENIOR BOWL and more ramblings...


The 56th Annual Senior Bowl returns to Mobile this weekend.
Many of you sports fans know that Mobile's Senior Bowl is football’s premier pre-draft event. This long-standing event is the only NFL sanctioned, post-season game and is nationally televised on ESPN. The Senior Bowl is an annual event featuring the country’s best senior collegiate football stars and top NFL draft prospects on teams representing the North and South which are coached by the entire coaching staffs from two National Football League teams. Senior Bowl practices are also attended by over 700 general managers, head coaches, assistant coaches, scouts and other front office personnel from the 32 National Football League teams, making Mobile and the Senior Bowl the week-long host to a one-of-a-kind NFL Coaches Convention. Some additional activities associated with the Senior Bowl are the Food World Sailing Regatta, Fan Frenzy, Tailgate Party, Tailgate Challenge and other exciting events. Considering that The Bowl is during Mardi Gras season this year, things are really rockin' n' rollin' around town this week. This year's game is on Saturday afternoon, March 29th, at 3pm (Central). I will not be attending this year, but I understand that the game is sold out again. For more information visit their website or call (251) 438-2276. THE SENIOR BOWL WEBSITE

I'm gearing up for another big Mardi Gras parade this evening. The weather is looking great, and I think I hear Jack Daniels knocking at my door again.

Since I announced that our 14th Annual Gulf Coast Wrestler's Reunion is extending invitations to more of today's young ring stars, I have been bogged down with questions. I visited a local indy show on Tuesday evening, and passed out several membership applications. Almost all of the guys/gals thought that they were not welcome, and that it is exclusively for old-timers like me. That's the misconception that we are trying to change this year. I am going to do my best to attend another indy event in the Florida panhandle Saturday evening, and continue to spread the word.

What I need to stress is that we are inviting today's ring talents, who are out there busting their butts reaching for the stars. There are so many running around calling themselves "wrestlers," just because they were in a ring in somebody's backyard, "wrestled" for free in some country bar, or were trained by The Rock's cousin's wife's next door neighbor. Our Reunion IS NOT a fan festival. It is open ONLY to those active or retired from our business. I feel that I have my finger on the pulse of today's young stars, and that's why I have been named as the Board Member to oversee new memberships. Unfortunately, fans, internet writers, or "wrestling historians," are not welcome at our gathering.

Have a great day!

~Percy

http://www.percypringle.com/