About Me

My photo
Since 2005, and over 800 entries, the orginal purpose of this BLOG has never changed. I consider it to be a personal letter from me to my extended family of fans, supporters, and friends. I ALWAYS encourage your emails, comments, suggestions, and questions. Be Blessed! ~Percy

Monday, January 24, 2005

The Gulf Coast Wrestler's Reunion

Many of you are aware that I was recently named to The Board of Directors of The Gulf Coast Wrestler's Reunion (GCWR). Our 2005 Reunion will be the 14th annual gathering of ring veterans. The GCWR is unlike The Cauliflower Alley Club banquet, as it is open ONLY to those currently active, or retired from professional wrestling. As much as we respect our fans, they are not allowed membership. Nothing personal, but self proclaimed "wrestling historians," and Internet writers are excluded as well.

Just because it is called The Gulf Coast Wrestlers Reunion, it is not limited to those who just wrestled along The Gulf Coast. We have members from all around the world with us each and every year. It is a unique experience, and if you meet the qualifications and haven't attended before, I ask that you give it serious consideration.

The get together is really special to me, primarily because I grew up on Gulf Coast Wrestling. It is such a thrill to rub shoulders with the legends that I bought tickets to see for so many years. What's even more of a thrill is to hear my heroes tell me that they have enjoyed watching my career. The icing on the cake is the fact that it is held right here in my hometown. It seems that this year will be our largest event ever.

I attended my first Board meeting over the weekend, and I am all fired up, ready to do all that I can to insure that our Reunion continues for many years to come. It seems that my primary duty on the Board will be to oversee new memberships.

We are anxious to get some of the new blood, namely those that are busting their butts out there today, involved in our organization. In fact, we decided that beginning next year, at our 15th Anniversary Reunion, we will be presenting our first Horizon Award. The Horizon Honoree will be an up and coming ring star selected from our membership. I am really excited about this new addition to our exclusive program. Notwithstanding that I am continuing to plan on attending the Cauliflower Alley Banquet later this year in Las Vegas.

For those of you that are active or retired from our industry, please feel free to contact me for more information regarding The Gulf Coast Wrestler's Reunion.

Take care!
~Percy

http://www.percypringle.com/