About Me

My photo
Since 2005, and over 800 entries, the orginal purpose of this BLOG has never changed. I consider it to be a personal letter from me to my extended family of fans, supporters, and friends. I ALWAYS encourage your emails, comments, suggestions, and questions. Be Blessed! ~Percy

Monday, April 20, 2009

Remembering "Ravishing" Rick Rude

I have lost so many friends from our industry through the years. Sometimes my BLOG reads like the obituary section of the local newspaper. The anniversary that we acknowledge today remembers one of the best friends I had in pro wrestling, "Ravishing" Rick Rude.

Rick passed away on this date at his home in 1999. Ten years ago... it just doesn't seem possible.

I first met Rick when I became his manager in 1985 in the Championship Wrestling From Florida territory. We hit it off immediately both in and out of the ring. Just short of a year, we left Florida and moved on to Dallas, Texas to the Von Erich's World Class Championship Wrestling.

My family remained at home in Mobile because school was still in and we didn't want to move my son in the middle of a school year. So Rick and I rented a condo together in central Dallas, and lived together for several months until the summer, when my family joined me. I kept the condo and Rick moved into another one in the same complex; we remained neighbors as well as business associates.

The time came for Rick to move on, he tried to talk me into going to WCW with him but I carefully weighed my options and stayed in Dallas. In 1990, Rick was instumental in me getting a position within The World Wrestling Federation.

He was a fantastic athlete, and a wonderful friend and family man. I still miss him dearly. I am certain that Dianna has bumped into him in the great beyond and they have shared so many memories of our times together.

We will never forget...



Be Blessed.
~Percy
www.PercyPringle.com