About Me

My photo
Since 2005, and over 800 entries, the orginal purpose of this BLOG has never changed. I consider it to be a personal letter from me to my extended family of fans, supporters, and friends. I ALWAYS encourage your emails, comments, suggestions, and questions. Be Blessed! ~Percy

Sunday, March 08, 2009

Reunion is history... Sunday ramblings...

Special thanks once again to my longtime fan, supporter, and friend, Megan Seekings for this wonderful piece of artwork. Megan is responsible for the masterpiece on my splashpage of "Dianna's Tree". She is a truly talented lady. She calls this one "The Dynasty". Megan sent me the orginal oil painting of "Dianna's Tree", and I will get it framed soon to display in a prominent place on my living room wall.

Our 18th Gulf Coast Wrestlers Reunion (GCWR) is now in the history books. Many wonder why they do not hear or see too much about our gathering on the internet, and the answer is quite simple. However, it is another explanation that if you understand an answer is not needed; and if you don't get it, no explanation will do.

Our gathering is for those in, or retired from our industry. We hold it close to our hearts, and don't care to advertise too many photos from the event, who was there, etc. If each individual wants to disclose that information, that is their business. In our old school mindset, our GCWR is "Kayfabe" (secret); it is nobodys concern but our members and their select guests.

All I will say it was definitely one of, if not the largest ever. We had more newcomers than we have ever had, and several of our brothers returned after a long absence. It was an uplifting experience, in a modern day world of pro wrestling that looks mighty solemn these days, especially on the independent scene.

It was great having my "brother" and PP.com webmaster "Plowboy" Kurt Nielsen as my house guest this week. Kurt is on a big bird high in the sky headed back to California as I type. It was my pleasure. So many had big hugs and support for me during our GCWR, and I will remember each and every one of them.

Five weeks ago last night my Dianna passed away. After the reunion yesterday, I stopped by the cemetery to visit. Man... it still doesn't seem possible. A little while ago, I dived into the task of bathing my three dachshunds; one by one of course. Tears dripped into their bath water, as I remembered that this was something we always did together. When I least expect it, memories like that flood my mind. I know it is natural, and I know it is good for me to talk about it; and heart warming that folks like you are here to listen.

Well... there's clothes in the washer and dryer, and more stacked up to do. My youngest Daniel, his lady Jami, and grand-daugher Danielle are still with me. I thought I was taking them home today, but they wanted to stay on a couple more days. Of course I didn't resist. Danielle said "Oscar" for the first time this morning, Oscar is our oldest Dachshund. I could feel Dianna smiling down from above.

Have a wonderful Sunday.

Be Blessed.
~Percy
www.PercyPringle.com