About Me

My photo
Since 2005, and over 800 entries, the orginal purpose of this BLOG has never changed. I consider it to be a personal letter from me to my extended family of fans, supporters, and friends. I ALWAYS encourage your emails, comments, suggestions, and questions. Be Blessed! ~Percy

Monday, March 02, 2009

GULF COAST WRESTLERS REUNION

Professionals from all over the country will begin to arrive in my hometown of Mobile, AL tomorrow, as we prepare for our annual Gulf Coast Wrestlers Reunion (GCWR) this Friday and Saturday, March 6th and 7th.

Regular visitors here are used to reading about our GCWR here every year, but some of you newbies may not be familiar with what it is all about. Our reunion takes place on the first full weekend of every March, and is open only to those active or retired from the professional wrestling industry. It is not a Fan Festival, and all applicants are screened prior to admittance.

About 4-years ago, we began inviting independent talents to come and join us, and started our "Horizon Award," which is given to a indy wrestler as voted upon by their peers at each years gathering.

The GCWR began almost 20-years ago by the late Lee Fields, who was literally "The Godfather" of our business along the Gulf Coast. It started with just a handful of professionals, and has grown into over 200 members attending each and every year.

I have been honored to be on the GCWR Board of Directors for several years now, which is such a thrill for me, as I get to rub shoulders with the Legends I grew up watching. In my book, there is nothing better than having friends that are your heroes.

Our extinguished Webmaster "Plowboy" Kurt Nielsen, who by the way does all of the artwork here on my website, will once again travel from Calyfornie here to "God's Country." Kurt arrives Wednesday evening, and will be a guest again at "The Pringle Manor." I know he is going to miss Dianna's hospitality and home cooking, as I just stocked up on TV Dinners for us. He sure don't want to eat my vittles. LOL

I hope you all had a good weekend. It's kind of cold for this part of the country right now, but things will warm up later in the week as we head into the reunion.

Be Blessed.
~Percy
www.PercyPringle.com