About Me

My photo
Since 2005, and over 800 entries, the orginal purpose of this BLOG has never changed. I consider it to be a personal letter from me to my extended family of fans, supporters, and friends. I ALWAYS encourage your emails, comments, suggestions, and questions. Be Blessed! ~Percy

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Goodbye Buffalo Jim...

I was truly humbled this Sunday morning as I checked my email. Among some belated birthday wishes, offers for internet radio interviews and personal appearances, was a note from one of Buffalo Jim's four daughters.

My friend Buffalo was buried in the sands of Las Vegas just yesterday, yet his daughter found it in her heart to tell me how much Jim thought of me, and thanked me for my post here a couple of days ago. Man... is she ever like her wonderful father or not? Putting her personal grief aside to think of others.

If you missed my initial thoughts about Buffalo's passing, I would like to share them with you again. MY BLOG - APRIL 9, 2008

Also, here's a couple of links to some local Las Vegas reports about 'Buff," one includes a slide show from his memorial service yesterday.
BUFFALO'S FUNERAL SERVICE YESTERDAY
MORE ABOUT BUFFALO'S UNTIMELY PASSING

My memories of Buffalo Jim will be eternal, and I will close today with the words of a song by country star Randy Travis - Heroes and Friends.

I ain't lived forever, but I've lived enough
I've learned to be gentle, and I've learned to be tough
I've found only two things that last 'til the end,
One is your heroes, the other's your friends

Chorus:
Your heroes will help you find good in yourself
Your friends won't foresake you for somebody else
They'll both stand beside you through thick and through thin
That's how it goes with heroes and friends

I grew up with cowboys I watched on TV
My friends and I sometimes pretended to be
Years have gone by, but now and again
My heart rides the range with my heroes and friends

Chorus:
Your heroes will help you find good in yourself
Your friends won't foresake you for somebody else
They'll both stand beside you through thick and through thin
That's how it goes with heroes and friends

Be Blessed.
~Percy
www.PercyPringle.com