About Me

My photo
Since 2005, and over 800 entries, the orginal purpose of this BLOG has never changed. I consider it to be a personal letter from me to my extended family of fans, supporters, and friends. I ALWAYS encourage your emails, comments, suggestions, and questions. Be Blessed! ~Percy

Friday, April 11, 2008

The Bossman Arrives In Florida Championship Wrestling

"The Bossman" Percival Pringle III as he arrives at Tampa International Airport for the very first time in 1985. "Ravishing" Rick Rude holds the door of the baggage compartment open of Percy's private "jet" so he can onload... and onload he did...
It seems Percy's jet was in the hangar for maintanance so he had to make his debut in Lester Welch's beat up, smoking, old cessna. Needless to say, he bitched out Rude, his Pretty Young Things, blaming them for the transportation problems.

This vignette in my humble opinion is without a doubt one of the funniest pieces of video that I ever did in my 30+ years in the business, second only to the "hidden camera" video that me and Jerry Lawler did in the dressing room about the night my "son" Kane was conceived.

This capture shows the moment that one of my dreams came true. I finally got to work with the great Gordon Solie for the first time.
The late Rick Rude and myself introducing ourselves to the Florida Wrestling fans.

Followed by the debut of the original Pringle Dynasty including The Missing Link, The Pretty Young Things - Norvel Austin and KoKo B. Ware, and Ravishing Rick.

We began right away by starting an angle with the late Pistol Pez Whatley. Rick almost immediately took the Southern Heavyweight Championship.

I'd like to thank my old friend Ron Weiss from Ocala, Florida for sending me this footage on DVD. I have all of this stuff on VHS, but it can't compare to this quality. I will be sharing more with you in the coming days, and if I can figure out how to work YouTube, I would love to get the actual footage of some of this up, so you can enjoy this classic stuff along with me.

I would also like to thank all of you for the kind birthday wishes yesterday. You folks are the best!

Be Blessed.
~Percy