About Me

My photo
Since 2005, and over 800 entries, the orginal purpose of this BLOG has never changed. I consider it to be a personal letter from me to my extended family of fans, supporters, and friends. I ALWAYS encourage your emails, comments, suggestions, and questions. Be Blessed! ~Percy

Saturday, March 01, 2008

The Urban Cowboy Himself... WRESTLERS REUNION One Week Away...

Dianna and myself had a chance to spend last evening with "The Urban Cowboy" Mickey Gilley at a local entertainment venue. I met Mickey back in the 1980's when World Class had shows at his famous nightclub in Pasadena, Texas. We had a great time, notwithstanding that I also had a visit with Mr. Jack Daniels himself. That probably explains the headache today. LOL
The GULF COAST WRESTLERS REUNION is just one week away. Regular visitors here have read about it many times. This will be our 17th year. Our gathering is ONLY open to those active in our business, or retired from the ring. It IS NOT a fan festival. Credentials are checked throughly.

It is located on the property of the Mobile International Speedway west of Mobile in Irvington, Alabama.
Here is a link to Mapquest, for a map. MAP TO GCWR

-Take Interstate 10 to EXIT 10 (Dawes - Bayou La Batre)
-Go south, that would be a right coming from Mississippi; or a left traveling from Mobile.
-The road will end at a red light at Highway 90.
-Take a right, and go to the next red light.
-Make a left.
-Cross over the railroad tracks and take the first left.
-You will run right into the speedway property.

This will no doubt be our largest year ever. I suggest you get there early on both days, which would be around 3pm on Friday 3/7, and 9am on Saturday 3/8.

Be Blessed.
~Percy