About Me

My photo
Since 2005, and over 800 entries, the orginal purpose of this BLOG has never changed. I consider it to be a personal letter from me to my extended family of fans, supporters, and friends. I ALWAYS encourage your emails, comments, suggestions, and questions. Be Blessed! ~Percy

Sunday, March 30, 2008

It's WRESTLEMANIA !


Dianna and myself drove over to Pensacola last night to visit with son Daniel, his lady Jami, and our new grand-daughter Danielle. We haven't seen them in about 3-weeks and it is just amazing how much Danielle has grown when you don't see her everyday. Although we could have stayed longer, I hurried back to watch the 'greatest of all time' Ric Flair get inducted into the WWE Hall Of Fame.

I have always been, and I remain a "mark" for Ric Flair to this very day. Ric gave me one of the biggest compliments of my career back in 1985, when he told Wahoo McDaniel that when he was finished with me he wanted to take me to Atlanta. Although that was never meant to be, I had several opportunities to work with Ric all around the world. I am fortunate to consider him to be one of my heroes that I can call a friend.

Many consider the WWE Hall Of Fame just to be another McPromotional tactic, just to sell tickets to another McEvent, to hype WRESTLEMANIA. Be that as it may, we all have our own opinions. However, the tears in the eyes of the men and women last night was certainly not a promotional tactic. That was straight from their hearts. Those tears were demonstrative of the true passion that unfortunately doesn't exist in the hearts and souls of many today who suck the lives blood out of our industry.

I am truly blessed to have know each and every one of the men and women who were inducted last night. I was honored to have worked for Eddie Graham's FLORIDA CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING for a year, and I was there during his unfortunate demise. Needless to say, standing next to Gordon Solie doing countless interviews so many times was always a thrill for me.

Chief Peter Mavia... I met in the Chicago airport back in the late 1970s. Rocky Johnson... he gave us The Rock. Mae Young... whom I love so dearly. The Brisco Brothers... represent class in every sense of the word, whose friendships I cherish.

Congratulations to the entire class of WWE HOF 2008 inductees!

That brings us to the true grand-daddy of them all tonight... WRESTLEMANIA. We will gather at a close friends home tonight along with some burgers, dogs, tater salad, and Jack Daniels to watch.

NOBODY who has every laced on a pair of wrestling boots, or these days put on a pair of tennis shoes and kickpads, could never say that they have never dreamed of walking the aisle and participating in a WRESTLEMANIA. They say if you've done it, it ain't bragging. Well... I've done it... and darlin' I'm bragging!
The photo above is The Undertaker and myself with Regis Philbin in Los Angeles during WRESTLEMANIA VII. This was Taker and myself's first. From 1991, until WRESTLEMANIA XX, I had a part in one way or another in each and every one. There are no words to describe it. I know exactly what each talent there today feels like. I also know that there is no better view than with friends in front of a TV screen, and that is where I will be along with many of you this evening.

ENJOY!!! This is what it is all about.

Be Blessed.

~Percy