About Me

My photo
Since 2005, and over 800 entries, the orginal purpose of this BLOG has never changed. I consider it to be a personal letter from me to my extended family of fans, supporters, and friends. I ALWAYS encourage your emails, comments, suggestions, and questions. Be Blessed! ~Percy

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

More Gary Hart Thoughts...

My dear friend Rhonda from Dallas emailed me a link to Uncle Gary's obituary in the Fort Worth Star Telegram newspaper today. I would like to share it with you at: GARY HART'S OBITUARY
Younger fans may not be able to appreciate the fact that Gary cheated death on several occasions during his lifetime. The photo above was taken shortly after the February 20, 1975 plane crash in Tampa Bay that killed one of my favorites Bobby Shane. The plane was piloted by wrestler Buddy Colt, and Austin Idol was also a passenger.

I was mesmerized with Gary's memories of that tragic night. He was literally thrown through the roof of the airplane. With numerous injuries that included a broken back, he swam to shore. I can still hear Gary tell me, "Percival... I wish I had went down for Bobby one more time."

He was indeed one of a kind.

Be Blessed.
~Percy