- Percy Pringle III - Paul Bearer
- Since 2005, and over 800 entries, the orginal purpose of this BLOG has never changed. I consider it to be a personal letter from me to my extended family of fans, supporters, and friends. I ALWAYS encourage your emails, comments, suggestions, and questions. Be Blessed! ~Percy
Saturday, September 04, 2010
ROLL TIDE ROLL - 2010 SEASON BEGINS TODAY
This game will determine . . .
What kind of depth Alabama can develop for bigger games, beginning next week when Penn State visits.
Three things to look for:
1. Option offense. Alabama expects a run-oriented attack from San Jose State, an offense the Crimson Tide doesn't see in the SEC. Problem? "You just have to be disciplined and know who you have," Alabama junior SS Mark Barron said.
2. Eddie Lacy. RB Trent Richardson will get the few carries that star Mark Ingram would have gotten if he hadn't injured his knee. Lacy, a redshirt freshman, will back up Richardson. Prepare to be impressed.
3. Specialists. Who will kick? Freshman Cade Foster might boot the long ones; sophomore Jeremy Shelley could handle the short shots. Who will punt? It really could be a game-time decision between freshmen Jay Williams and Cody Mandell.
San Jose State DE Mohamed Marah vs. Alabama RT D.J. Fluker. The success of Alabama's offense this season might depend on Fluker's development. The big redshirt freshman will face a fifth-year senior who missed all but the first game last season because of an injury. Fluker will have an 85-pound advantage.
By the numbers:
$1 million -- reportedly the amount Alabama is paying SJSU, which canceled a $200,000 deal to play at Stanford.
San Jose State -- none.
Alabama -- RB Mark Ingram (knee), DE Marcell Dareus (NCAA suspension).
ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!