About Me

My photo
Since 2005, and over 800 entries, the orginal purpose of this BLOG has never changed. I consider it to be a personal letter from me to my extended family of fans, supporters, and friends. I ALWAYS encourage your emails, comments, suggestions, and questions. Be Blessed! ~Percy

Saturday, September 25, 2010

A NEW ERA HAS ARRIVED



Where do I begin my friends?  I guess we should go with the "Reader's Digest" version, since those of you that visit here often know I can ramble on and on.  Let's just cut to the chase.  About four months ago I recieved a call from the WWE creative folks asking if I had any interest in returning to the company.  Of course this totally caught me off guard. 

Just to step back for a moment, many are aware that my wife passed away from three battles with cancer, on January 31, 2009; and my life took some major turns following that tragic life changing event.  We were married 30-years.

Since my departure from WWE at the GREAT AMERICAN BASH on June 24, 2004, I had virtually divorced myself from professional wrestling completely and returned fulltime to Funeral Service, which some may not realize that I have a degree in Mortuary Science and I am a legit licensed Funeral Director and Embalmer.  I managed a small Funeral Home and Crematory here on the Gulf Coast.

In the early Spring of 2010, I decided to test the pro wrestling waters again, and began doing some independent events, autograph signings, etc., around the country to see if the passion was still there for me.  Of course it was, and it will always will be.  I discovered that doing these events took me away from the loneliness I was experiencing without my wife, Dianna.  I was actually having fun again; and these days if it's not fun, you can leave me out of it.


During the six-years I had been away from WWE it would be a major understatement to say that many things had changed since I signed my first contract there on December 22, 1990.  We started negotiations for my return.  I still had many doubts if this was what I really wanted to do.  Through much prayer, and conversations with my immediate family and close friends, I decided that if all the pieces of the puzzle fell into place, that this was meant to be.

I had to fly to Pittsburgh, PA and go through major physical and mental examinations; which to my dismay, all the results came back positive.  My final question to myself was... "What would my late wife Dianna want me to do?".  That answer was the easiest of all... she would say, "Get your ass back on the road!".  So....


...here I am.  My contract actually became effective on August 1st, and sworn to secrecy, it was extremely hard to keep so many of my contacts from knowing what the future was going to hold in store for me.

Many have asked for the details of my contract, such as it's length, even monetary details, and the like.  Sorry you won't get that confidential information from me.  I will say that a clause in my contract allows for me to continue working independent events, if I desire, and as long as they don't interfere with my WWE commitments.  The bottomline is that I consider myself very lucky, at the tender age of 56, to get another chance at the top of our game.  I am truly blessed.

My SMACKDOWN re-debut to the company was set to be taped this past Tuesday evening, in Bloomington, IL.  Getting there, staying at a discreet hotel, sneeking into the venue, and hiding out in the dressing area until my time in the event came, is a story onto itself.  Most of the wrestlers on the card that night didn't even know I was there.


A new era has begun in my life.  And I have you the fans who made the Percy Pringle / Paul Bearer characters to thank.  Notwithstanding, those within WORLD WRESTLING ENTERTAINMENT who continue to have confidence in my old school abilities.  It doesn't matter if it lasts a week, a month, or five more years.  It's all good.

As always, I do my best to remain accessable to you folks; and I do read and answer all of my email on a timely basis.  Unfortunately, you may not get the answers from me that that you may desire.  I just tell it like it is with no apologies.

My website has been online since 2002 and remains:  PercyPringle.com
You may also follow me on TWITTER, with a newly created username of: wweURNiverse

I would like to thank Gerweck.net for the three photos above that I borrowed from their site, that were taken the Tuesday evening of me re-debut.

I cherish the profession that has been a part of me most of my adult life, and sincerely want you to know that I appreciate my fans, supporters, and friends more than you may ever realize.  Now I will "...hide my age, make the stage, and try to kick the footlights out again."



Be Blessed.
Percy