About Me

My photo
Since 2005, and over 800 entries, the orginal purpose of this BLOG has never changed. I consider it to be a personal letter from me to my extended family of fans, supporters, and friends. I ALWAYS encourage your emails, comments, suggestions, and questions. Be Blessed! ~Percy

Saturday, January 12, 2008

WCCW-WWE DVD and more...

Wishing you all a fine weekend, my friends!

I finally had the opportunity to finish watching the WWE tribute to World Class Championship Wrestling this week. We've talked so much about WCCW through the years. It is still a very emotional subject for me, that is (and will always be) very close to my heart. Basically, WWE did an absolutely fantastic job with the production of the DVD, and I enjoyed it tremendously. I think it has a place in any of your pro wrestling libraries.

The WCCW days were so long ago. Many of us that were there and experienced it first hand have selective memories concerning some of the events. In some situations the 100% truth wasn't told, but I think that maybe it should never be told out of respect to those who have gone before us.

Be that as it may, I understand that we all have different opinions about everybody. Everybody doesn't like everybody in professional wrestling. What a dull existence it would be if we did. I think the world of Gary Hart, and have called him "Uncle Gary" for years. However, I totally disagree with what he said about Ken Mantell. But again, to each their own opinion.

In my personal opinion, Ken Mantell was one of the finest gentlemen, and one of the greatest creative minds in our business that I have ever met in my 30+ years in the sport. I have always thought that Ken would have been a perfect fit into the WWE at one time. Unfortunately, Ken divorced himself from our industry many years ago and we will never be allowed to draw from his ring experience again.

It was so uplifting to see myself manage Rick Rude and One Man Gang, against Bruiser Brody and Missing Link, with Bronco Lubich as the referee. I had almost forgotten that one. Then it hit home that between the six of us out there, four of them have passed on. I have hundreds of hours of footage from those days, but rarely, if ever do I watch it.

I have a special place in my heart for Fritz and Doris Von Erich, their sons, and their company. I would have never achieved the heights that I have enjoyed in pro wrestling if it wasn't for the six-years that I spent in Dallas, Texas. God Bless them all!

I will take my memories of World Class Championship Wrestling to the grave with me, and will in time share some more of them with you in the 'Storytime' section of my website.

Speaking of WWE. The company will be doing RAW live this Monday night, right here in my hometown of good 'ol Mobile, Alabama. I certainly look forward to seeing my extended family again!

Be Blessed.
~Percy
www.PercyPringle.com