About Me

My photo
Since 2005, and over 800 entries, the orginal purpose of this BLOG has never changed. I consider it to be a personal letter from me to my extended family of fans, supporters, and friends. I ALWAYS encourage your emails, comments, suggestions, and questions. Be Blessed! ~Percy

Friday, July 13, 2007

Friday The 13th Catchup

Here's wishing you all a good Friday the 13th, and a great weekend ahead.

I've been procrastinating posting lately, not because there hasn't been any news, but my time has been limited. One week ago lightening hit my funeral home, knocking out our phone system and computer network. It's that time of year here on the Gulf Coast where electical storms are frequent; another price we pay to live in "God's Country."

I attended a indy event in the Florida Panhandle last weekend, and I must say that it was one of the best I have seen in a very long time, not that I get to go to many these days. It was like a breath of fresh air to see things done in the old school fashion, and the talent actually got paid for their hard work.

WWE was in the area also, with house shows on either side of Mobile, in Biloxi MS and Pensacola FL. It was good to see my extended family again, and they presented a fine event which was well attended.

Emails continue, wanting to know why I haven't commented on the recent tragedy in our business. The answer is simple... I don't care to do so. I may in time, but right now I don't want too; there are enough words out there right now without my contributions. I have turned down interview requests from all of the local networks and newspapers, notwithstanding internet sites.

My wife Dianna is in Ohio on a family emergency. She left yesterday and will be gone for a week. Just me and my 3 sausage dogs at the house.

My dear friend Jimmy Miranda passed away on yesterday's date in 2002. Jimmy was a cornerstone of the WWF/WWE merchandising department. I'll never forget Jimmy, he was one of the good ones.

Many of you may have seen a link for GREATER GULF COAST WRESTLING on my website. In the wake of my closing Gulf South Wrestling two months ago, GGCW is my new endeavor. Can you imagine that some actually thought I would get out of wrestling? Please.....

Be Blessed.
~Percy
www.PercyPringle.com
www.GreaterGulfCoastWrestling.com