About Me

My photo
Since 2005, and over 800 entries, the orginal purpose of this BLOG has never changed. I consider it to be a personal letter from me to my extended family of fans, supporters, and friends. I ALWAYS encourage your emails, comments, suggestions, and questions. Be Blessed! ~Percy

Monday, June 04, 2007

Lee Fields... Kerry Von Erich...

The Godfather of Gulf Coast professional wrestling, Lee Fields, died on this date in 2000. There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that I would have never found our wonderful industry if it wasn't for Lee. We will never forget...

I will also never for get this date in 1986. We were performing in a small Texas town, and my dear friend Kerry Von Erich was on the card. The show began, and still no sign of Kerry, which wasn't too unusual for him. Then the call came... Kerry had been involved in a motorcycle/automobile accident, that would literally change the industry in more ways than we could ever imagine. Kerry was one good guy, and I still miss him today.
Be Blessed.
~Percy