About Me

My photo
Since 2005, and over 800 entries, the orginal purpose of this BLOG has never changed. I consider it to be a personal letter from me to my extended family of fans, supporters, and friends. I ALWAYS encourage your emails, comments, suggestions, and questions. Be Blessed! ~Percy

Friday, May 18, 2007


Hello my friends,

I began this writing a couple of times, and deleted it. This time I have promised myself that I am going to finish it without any apologies to anyone. My reputation speaks for itself. I have never been one to brag. If you think I am bragging here, so be it. I have been there, and done it, and have earned the right to speak my mind, if it bothers you, you may be the one to whom it is directed in the first place. So, here it goes...

I am so sick and tired of being sick and tired of what is happening to the business that I have dedicated my entire adult life too. All of the drops of blood, sweat and tears that I have left on canvas' around the world will make it all worthwhile if I can just look back and see that the upcoming generation will ensure the propagation of the "King of Sports." Unfortunately, that isn't the case. I turn my head and look behind me and see that some independent promoters and talents are doing nothing but eradicating the legacy that myself and my peers have worked so hard to establish.

I even found this cancer in my own GULF SOUTH WRESTLING group. That is why it is no more.

I have received so many positive emails from local talents and fans regarding the closing of GSW. I said I would tell it like it is, however a public forum is not the place to address the improprieties that were taking place. Basically, the feeling was that “let’s get rid of Moody then we can do things our way.” Well they can do it their way, and I will sit back and watch, when it is over I will be right here and say “I told you so.”

I’ve seen it so many times. Wrestling destroys the very fabric of lifelong friendships, marriages, and lives. So many of my brothers have fallen by the wayside, and I vow that it will not happen to me. If I let it happen it would be a slap in the face of those that have put their trust and respect in me. So I decided to dissolve the GULF SOUTH WRESTLING Corporation completely. Friends, I saw this coming a long time ago. I just couldn’t allow it to steal anymore of my time.

I put 22-months into GSW, and those that are familiar with its operation know that it was 75% me, and the other 25% was the total combination my three partners. That is not an exaggeration by far. Notwithstanding some who did not have interest in the company, but thought if I was out they were in. Well… I’m tagging you in my brothers; let’s see what you can do.

I am not going anywhere. In fact, since I don’t have GSW hanging over my head invitations have been coming in asking me to appear on events again. Will I ever get involved with local independent promotions again? I learned a long time ago NEVER say NEVER.

I appreciate your support, and have a great weekend!

Be Blessed.