About Me

My photo
Since 2005, and over 800 entries, the orginal purpose of this BLOG has never changed. I consider it to be a personal letter from me to my extended family of fans, supporters, and friends. I ALWAYS encourage your emails, comments, suggestions, and questions. Be Blessed! ~Percy

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

HAPPY MARDI GRAS !

Well... tonight the final parade of the 2007 Mardi Gras season rolls through the streets of Mobile. We certainly contibuted our share to the hysterics during the past two weeks. We ended our personal celebration last night... we made it through another one! Tomorrow begins Lenten season. Let's see... what should I give up? Wrestling? Blogging? Undertaking? I guess I'll think of something.
I've received a few emails concerning my youngest son Daniel, seen in the blue ring attire above. Daniel turned 20 in January, and has made his wrestling debut. In this photo he is grappling another second generation rising star, one of the sons of Rikishi. Daniel just recovered from a serious bout with staph infection, that I am certain he contracted in the ring. You young guys out there need to remember to keep yourself and your equipment clean; and the indy promoters have an obligation to provide a safe working environment for their athletes.

Next week brings my GULF SOUTH WRESTLING mini-seminar with ring legend Les Thatcher. We are all excited about this, as Les spent some time with us last year and certainly made quite an impresssion on local indy talent. You can never spend too much time under that proverbial "learning tree," no matter how long you have been in the business.

In fact, I am going to be on Les' and Doc Young's WRESTLING WEEKLY internet show tonight at about 8:30 PM (CT).

Take care my friends.
Be Blessed.
~Percy