About Me

My photo
Since 2005, and over 800 entries, the orginal purpose of this BLOG has never changed. I consider it to be a personal letter from me to my extended family of fans, supporters, and friends. I ALWAYS encourage your emails, comments, suggestions, and questions. Be Blessed! ~Percy

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

My Three Dogs...

For regular visitors here, and on my Twitter, you read about my three daschunds often.  I have had many requests for me to post some pics of my "babies".  Well... I found a few.  The one above is yours truly with (L to R) Vienna, Conecuh, and Oscar.  Oscar was born on 2/24/03, Conecuh on 9/7/03, and Vienna on 7/13/04.
This is Oscar and Conecuh (the mom and dad) enjoying the sunshine streaming through the front door.  This is about the time Conecuh got pregnant with her litter.
Oscar and Conecuh and their little family of four females.  The oldest baby is the red one, like her dad, we decided to keep her, and named her Vienna Marie.  However, our second granddaughter Danielle, couldn't say Vienna Marie, so she called her "Meanie".  Since then Vienna is known as Meanie, and that she is.
(L to R) Vienna, and her Dad Oscar, and Mom Conecuh in my late wife's chair, which by the way is the chair Dianna passed away in, January 31, 2009, with all three in her lap, no doubt.  Many won't believe this, but since Dianna died, Oscar WILL NOT let me fall asleep in my chair; I know in my heart it is because he was there when she died.  If I fall asleep, he will jump on my chest and bark in my face.  They looked for her for the longest time after her funeral.  In fact for months, Oscar would just sit in her chair, just staring at the back of it.  I could smell Dianna's hair on the back of that chair for over a year.  When I couldn't smell her anymore, I let Goodwill take it away.  But her memories remain all over this house.
(L to R) Oscar, Conecuh, and Vienna, at Vienna's 1st birthday party.

I don't know what I would do without my three sausage dogs.  They are indeed my "babies" and I talk to them just like I talk to all of my family and friends. If you love dogs like me you understand, if you're not, no words will suffice.  Since Dianna died, they give more comfort than you may ever be able to realize.

If you love dogs like me, I highly recommend you reading Dean Koontz's book, A BIG LITTLE LIFE: A memoir of a Joyful Dog.  Koontz rarely writes non-fiction, you will enjoy this as much as I did.  Unfortunately you will know the ending as soon as you begin it.  Check it out at this link: A BIG LITTLE LIFE

Have a blessed day.
~Percy