About Me

My photo
Since 2005, and over 800 entries, the orginal purpose of this BLOG has never changed. I consider it to be a personal letter from me to my extended family of fans, supporters, and friends. I ALWAYS encourage your emails, comments, suggestions, and questions. Be Blessed! ~Percy

Saturday, September 05, 2009

Labor Day Weekend

It's early morning and the sun is preparing to rise over the horizon. Exactly 7-months ago today I committed the earthly remains of my wife of 30-years to the red clay earth of South Alabama, and her soul to our Heavenly Father. Looking back, what a 7-months it has been. There's no way I could have ever prepared myself for these times. It was a blessing that The Lord took her in her sleep, as only He knew the day and the hour. I can't help myself to think of Dianna when I am serving families that come to me during the most horrible times of their lives. Some have sat by their loved ones bedside for days, weeks, in some cases even months, waiting for them to take their last breath. The Lord spared me from that hell, and only He knows why.

I could go on and on here, but I will be brief, it helps me to put my thoughts into words sometimes.

I will NEVER forget so many of you that have offered me a shoulder to lean on; then on the other hand as a human being, I will never forget those that should have been here for me and were not. It even pains me to recall more than a few who paraded through the funeral home during Dianna's visitation, never seeing or hearing from them again since. But I am letting that go today.

Today is special for me and Dianna. We shared so many things together. One of our favorite things to do was Alabama Football. Tonight will be The Crimson Tide's first game of the season, as much as I am excited about it, I am just as sad. But then again, Dianne will be watching from the best seat in the house.... lucky girl. :-)

I plan on visiting her gravesite this afternoon before church, and put a Alabama Tide flag among her flowers. I know she will smile... Where I will watch the game from is still up in the air, I don't want to watch it alone, but knowing myself like I do, it will probably be me and my three sausage dogs who seem know me better than anyone these days.

Hang on to your love ones dearly my friends, because we don't know the day nor the hour, and who will be called next. I wish you all a very safe, happy, and blessed Labor Day weekend.


By the way... ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!!!!

~Percy
www.PercyPringle.com