About Me

My photo
Since 2005, and over 800 entries, the orginal purpose of this BLOG has never changed. I consider it to be a personal letter from me to my extended family of fans, supporters, and friends. I ALWAYS encourage your emails, comments, suggestions, and questions. Be Blessed! ~Percy

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Looking back... on the weekend.

Good Morning folks! First off, I was overwhelmed yesterday by all of the birthday wishes. I would like to thank you all from the bottom of my heart for the kind thoughts. I promised that I would give you a review of the weekend, so let's get right to that...

I flew out of Mobile early Friday morning into Newark New Jersey, and was met by ESS PROMOTIONS own Eric Simms. I was joined by ring legend Kimala, and we were driven into New York City to the Sirius Satellite Radio headquarters in Times Square, where we made an appearance on MAXIM RADIO -SIRIUS 108 "Covino & Rich Show." We had a blast doing the show, and meeting many of the people who make Sirius such a success. The photo above shows Kimala, myself, Eric Simms at the Sirius Studios, along with Covino & Rich. We also had the opportunity to see Howard Stern's studio, and I even got to sit in his chair... Percy The Mark? No way! LOL

We had a great event in Carteret, NJ Friday night with NATIONAL WRESTLING SUPERSTARS. I managed Kimala in the main event. It was the first time I served as Kimala's manager since 1978, talking about coming full circle. We had a great time. Saturday we spent a bunch of time in the car, starting out with an autograph signing with Rock Fantasy in Middeltown, NY. The photo above has us posing with the Rock Fantasy crew in front of their building. From there it was back in the car into Allentown, PA where we did it again at CARSON'S PRO WRESTLING WORLD.
During the main event Saturday night in Tower City, PA the NWS crew presented me with a birthday cake and a song by the entire audience, the moment is captured in the photo above. That was certainly a surprise! We left the show at about 11:15 pm, and arrived back at my hotel room in Newark around 3:00 am. I had a 6:00 am flight, and had to be at the airport at 4:30 am, so... do the math. No sleep for these old bones. Fortunately, everything went well with my flights home, and we had a fun filled weekend to say the least.

Special thanks goes out to Eric Simms of ESS Promotions, all the gang with NWS - National Wrestling Superstars, Carson's Pro Wrestling World, Rock Fantasy, Sirius Satellite Radio, and of course my friend Kimala and all of the fine wrestling talent that I had the pleasure to work with. I'm looking forward to returning to the area in the future.

By the way, if you haven't visited Kimala's website, you must find time to check it out. Just go to: http://www.thegiantkamala.com/

Well it's about time to head off into the real world. Don't forget my GULF SOUTH WRESTLING organization's next event will be in Southwest Mobile County next Friday, April 21st.

Have a great day, and God Bless!

~Percy

www.PercyPringle.com